Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 this and thats

I copied this meme from my sister's friend Sophia. It has some good, end-of-the-year wrap up questions. Feel free to steal it (I did!)


What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Rented a car. It was a fabulous grandpa car that drove like a dream!

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t keep mine from last year (quitting Dr. Pepper), but I did have a good stretch of 2 or so months without it. I haven’t decided on a resolution for this year.

Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my nieces Lyndsay and Kayci both had baby boys this year.

Did anyone close to you die? My niece Kayci lost her baby, Glenn. Also, Shane’s Uncle George died in February.

What countries did you visit? Countries? I still am still landlocked in this one, and I’m not likely to leave it. I did go to Idaho, though, my one big out-of-state adventure.

What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? More patience & kindness.

What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 21st, when Harry Potter came out. I just loved that day! It was the reason I started my blog.

What was your biggest achievement of the year? I finished Ben’s quilt. Let’s not talk about the other projects that I haven’t finished, okay? I also count the essay that I wrote about my dad as an accomplishment.

What was your biggest failure? I didn’t spend as much time as I would have liked with my parents and sisters. I wish I could have spent more time just hanging out with my dad.

Did you suffer illness or injury?! I had a bunion taken off my right foot. Does that count?

Where did most of your money go? It’s got to be the grocery store. Walmart has likely made a fortune from us. Gotta love it/gotta hate it.

What did you get really, really, really excited about? Knowing the end to Harry Potter! And our new piano. And hiking Timpanogas with Shane and Melanie. And starting to run again after my bunion surgery. And that John and Melanie moved back. And Thomas learning how to read. And Benny getting potty trained.

What song will always remind you of 2007? Feist’s 1-2-3-4.

Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, richer, nicer. I hope so! Although I know I’m not much richer; should work on that.

What do you wish you'd done more of? Fun adventures with the kids. I get in such a routine, and we rarely do adventurous stuff. Need to do more of that this year. Also, I want to learn to stand up for myself more.

What do you wish you'd done less of? Complaining. I haven’t gotten it through my head that most things I dread & complain about usually end up being much better than expected. I should work on that this year too. Maybe if I do more standing up for myself, I won’t have to complain so much!

Did you fall in love in 2007? Yes, with BLOGGING! I love my blog, and reading my friends blogs.

What was the best book you read this year? That is hard. I really liked HP (are you surprised?), and I liked Twilight. I haven’t read one lately though that has been really, really good.

What was your greatest musical discovery? The piano in my living room. Did I mention I played Yankee Doodle the other day (with two hands!). And I now know what a chord is. Special.

What did you want and get? Lots of love from my boys.

What was your favorite film of this year? Enchanted. Loved it! We went and saw in Saturday & it was so much fun.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 32. Shane and I went to dinner and the bookstore (our typical date!). I love my birthday.

Who was the best new person (people) you met? Allie. I met her through my friend Melanie, and I am so glad I did. There aren’t many people you meet & are instant friends, but she is one of them. I am also glad I have met so many nice people through blogging.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. I saw a great example of acceptance and faith as I watched Kayci after she lost Glenn. I learned that people really do live through hard trials, even when they don’t want to. Kayci was a great example of that for me.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Great summary. 2007 seems like a good year for you.

Oh...and I love rental cars. It's like test driving a new car. Really, one of my favorite things.

K. Bitton said...

Thanks for this post. I needed it believe it or not! It seriously brought tears to my eyes. :) I think I will steal this from you...