Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

It's all ahead of me now. The presents, the magic, the hurry and scurry from here to there. I both want time to freeze and to make it hurry, so I can look back and savor it.


It's a quiet night, Christmas Eve. Driving by all the houses, thinking of all the excited children within. Taking pictures of my boys in their new pajamas, their hair damp and sweet smelling from the bath. The quiet that falls on our house as we read Luke II. The excitement as we give kisses good-night, last drinks of water and repeated encouragement to fall asleep quickly. Santa has a lot of work to do.


I hope that all of your homes are peaceful and quiet. I hope you all got to enjoy this night of nights. Merry Christmas.


I want to put the words to my favorite Christmas song. Hopefully next year I can put a video of me playing it on my piano (I'll need a year to practice, trust me!)


Oh, Holy Night
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.


Long lay the world
In sin and error pining,
Til he appeared and the soul felt it's worth.


A thrill of hope,
the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.


Fall on your knees!
Oh hear the angel voices.
Oh night, divine, oh night, when Christ was born.

2 comments:

Isabel said...

Merry Christmas to your sweet little family!

Lucy said...

O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song too but I hate how it's become a solo to belt out and improvise on (much like our national anthem). It takes so much away from the message.

Cute picture of the boys in the matching jammies;)