Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Boats, babies, bangs, and a birthday

The past few days have been crazy.

First, we had an awesome day with some friends on their boat at Utah Lake. It was a perfect day, and we spent it playing in the water, skiiing, attempting to wake board, and tubing. My family had a boat growing up, and we spent many summer days on this very lake. I couldn't stop remembering all the times with my family as a kid. The last time I had boated there was a few days before I got engaged to Shane, almost 11 years to the day. Wow.

We had 4 kids, and they all were so good. I was worried my boys wouldn't get in the water; I shouldn't have. Once they figured out their life jackets would keep them up, they had a ball.




Then, my friend had her baby on the 2nd, and on Satuday she let me watch him for a half an hour while she ran an errand. It's been a long, long time since I've had a two-day old baby in my house. My boys were crazy for him. And the white blanket that he's laying on? I totally made it.



On the fourth, we went to the park to see the fireworks. Although there were some badly placed trees, we had a great time with good friends.


And no, I'm not stoned in this picture. Just really squinty.



The boys on the way home. I didn't know Thomas could still fall asleep in the car.


My birthday was awesome. So many awesome people made it special via the phone, blog, and facebook. My hubby made me a cake and brought me flowers, Thomas watched Ben while I ran in the morning, and I didn't have to work. How could a birthday be better?





So. How was your fourth of July weekend? Did you do anything fun?

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I am so jealous of your boating trip! I haven't done that in years. Yeah, did you like the picture of the badly placed tree? I had to put it in there because all of my pictures had the tree right smack in the middle except one that I cropped. Dumb tree.

Amy Sorensen said...

Totally cute new blog look!

I'm sorry I haven't called. It has been both a bad and a busy week and I've just wanted to burrow down all by myself and not talk to anyone. At any rate, I'm happy to got to go boating. Totally jealous, but happy. Glad that YOU have had a good week!