Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gratitude, part 9

It's just 10:00. The turkey is de-gibbletted, de-necked, seasoned, and in the pan, ready to go in the oven in 9 hours.  I've cooked the sweet potatoes, and they are waiting for their glaze and marshmallow topping tomorrow.  The rolls are in the fridge, smelling of butter and milk and flour and yeast.  I've peeled the potatoes, and they are sitting on top of the container holding the rolls.

I think I'm ready to cook my first Thanksgiving dinner ever.

I can't wait.  I'm so glad and grateful I get to host tomorrow.  I felt a pang this afternoon when emailing with Amy that I hadn't found a tablecloth or dish to dress up the table.  Maybe I can find something in the morning.  But everything is waiting and staged and I can hopefully enjoy the morning of Thanksgiving, anticipating all the yummy food and good conversation.  I can't wait!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  Whether we are friend or family or bloggy-acquaintance, I'm glad to have you in my life.  I hope your day is fabulous.

1 comment:

Amy Sorensen said...

No pangs! All happiness! I hope it goes well!

ps. I was up until 2:00. I am impressed you were done at 10:00.

Of course, I decided I NEEEEEDed to do a little sewing project RIGHT NOW. So I didn't start cooking until 10:30 or so.

I am an idiot!!! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!