Monday, September 13, 2010

Dear Breathing: I miss you!

We have had a really, really long relationship. Probably the longest relationship of my life. Wherever I've gone, whomever I've been with, whatever I've done, you have joined me. In and out, in and out, since the day I was born.  Given this longevity, I feel that I can be blunt.

Please stop being hard.

This new reluctance is strange. And even a little scary sometimes. Granted, you've been wheezy at times in the past. Usually in the fall, when the cold wind blows against you as we run.  But your little stunt last Monday night freaked me out a little.  I didn't love waking up, not being able to find you.  I was glad when you calmed down a bit, you even let me stop coughing.  I gave you the week to stop pouting, and we seemed to return to our more normal, symbiotic relationship.

But today, during my run, I didn't love you.  Where have you gone?  Have I taken you for granted for too long?  Do we need to see a professional?  Please come back.  I just want to return to our old, easy going, in and out, in and out thing.  Can you help me out?

Love, Me.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I'm thinking you should have that checked!