Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Meme

I've done this meme for a few years now. Can't think of a reason not to do it again!!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Ran Ragnar. So much fun.




2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Probably not. I’ve been working on the same one for years and it isn’t getting any easier.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? New babies in 2010? Several friends and family members had sweet little babies. Sadly, too many for me to make them all blankets. But I tried.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My sister’s father–in-law passed away. I can’t think of anyone else.

5. What countries did you visit? Still no countries, but went to California.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Money. Duh!!

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 1, 2010 when we moved.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? We put in a yard. That’s pretty big.

9. What was your biggest failure? Lost motivation to run. I’m still trying to get it back.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Asthma. Kicked my butt. But I’m breathing much easier now.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I didn’t buy it (Christmas present) but I really, really like my nano. A lot.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? ??

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Depressed? No one.

14. Where did most of your money go? Groceries.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Ragnar.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? I don’t know. My favorite radio station kind of died and then resurrected itself in late December, so I don’t know what new music I like.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Much happier, richer, nicer. Yes, happier. Richer? About the same. Nicer? I hope so.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Playing with my kids. Why does play strike fear into my heart?

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying over things out of my control.

20. How did you spend Christmas? We had a Christmas Eve lunch with some dear friends and then visited Shane’s aunt’s house like we do every year. Then that night, I made our traditional French dip sandwich dinner. Christmas Day I wasn’t a happy person. But it was good. I liked it, despite my selfish rants.



21. Did you fall in love in 2010? No.

22. How many one-night stands? None. Seriously?

23. What was your favorite TV program? Mad Men. I am a big Donald Draper fan.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No. I don’t think I hate anyone.

25. What was the best book you read this year? I am the Messenger or Girl in Translation.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? My iPod. I love it.



27. What did you want and get? To move. And here I am!

28. What was your favorite film of this year? I didn’t see many movies, so I can’t say. Although I did like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows a lot.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went to work and I think they took me to lunch. I turned 35.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I can't think of one.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Jeans and flip flops. Same old, same old.

32. What kept you sane? Oh, I’m sane?? Huh. I don’t know how to answer this question.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Jon Hamm. We are friends on FB. I wonder if he stalks me….

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Not political.

35. Who did you miss? Driving to work with Shane. And I wish my friend Shelly hadn’t moved across the valley.

36. Who was the best new person (people) you met? I have some great new neighbors. I love my street a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, shoot! My version of this survey didn't ask about my one night stands! What a bummer!

I loved reading this. It reminded me that I still haven't seen the new Harry Potter! What is wrong with me?