Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gratitude 6: Some little things...

Sorry about the maudlin tone of my blog of late. Thanks for sticking around with me being all gloomy.

Anyway, today I just want to note some little things that made me happy today. Like:

  1. Coke. About 3 weeks ago I gave myself a week's break from my current soda break. The break from my break has continued. This is a different way of saying I'm drinking soda like a fiend. Maybe after the holidays I'll have a good reason to give it up again.
  2. I have 2 50% off coupons to Old Navy that are good starting tomorrow. I'm getting a good chunk of my Christmas shopping done - wahoo!
  3. I am loving the word "wahoo" of late. I must have said it 500 times on blog comments, FB comments, emails, you name it. I don't really like it, but it keeps creeping up (see above).
  4. I keep singing The Man Comes Around by Johnny Cash. "Oh, the whirlwind is in the thorn trees - it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks." I've said it over and over in my head for 2 days. The song has all this second coming imagery and references to scriptures set to a catchy tune, but still, I'm wanting it to get outta my head already.
  5. I'm getting excited for Thanksgiving. I already know what I want to make - yams, green bean casserole, rolls, a lemon meringue pie and an apple pie. Mostly cause I want to eat all those things myself. And Thanksgiving Eve is just a week away.
  6. I like my fall decorations and have so enjoyed my house decked out in orange-y splendor. But it will be fun in a week and a few days to get out the red, white, and green.
  7. For 5 minutes yesterday, Ben did his reading all by himself. On one hand, it makes me really happy. On the other, I wonder where my baby has gone.
I guess what makes us happy is the tiny details that make each day unique. Today I'm grateful for those things. What little things are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Amy Sorensen said...

not water. Seriously. How bad would life suck without a water heater?

Also that my clothes still fit despite the fact that in the last 8 days I've eat FOUR cheeseburger-and-fries kind of meals. WTF??? ;)

(And of course, that stands for "what the fetch.")

Also, I saw that you called and I called you back but you didn't answer. I'll be home today!