Thursday, November 3, 2011

October list

Feeling kind of rushed, so I'm doing an out-of-order 5 list for the month. Whee!

4 Things I made that I've never made before:
  1. Cream cheese frosting
  2. My mom's sugar cookie recipe
  3. Potato cheese soup
  4. Angry german soup


2 current events I might want to know happened in October in 20 years or so:
  1. Libya finding their ousted leader and killing him.  I know just enough about this topic to show my ignorance, so I'll leave it at that.  
  2. Occupy Wall Street protests. I really don't understand what it's all about, but it's happening all over, or so says the NPR.

5 things I really liked about October:
  1. Running the halloween half.  More about this later!
  2. My niece Kayci and her husband had a baby boy. So happy for them!
  3. The weather was beautiful most of the month.
  4. My kids were off track for 3 weeks into October. We had a good time I think.
  5. Ran my last 10 mile training run in a straight-ish line from South Salt Lake to the middle of Kearns. Part of it was on the Jordan River parkway trail, and it was so beautiful.   


3 things about my 3 boys:
  1. Shane got a new job. He starts on November 14. It will be interesting! It's strange how an opportunity comes when you aren't really even looking for it. I think things are going to work out with it. Plus, it's seriously 3 miles from our house. If you know where I live, NOTHING is 3 miles from my house. So for a job to be so close that is a good opportunity, it is almost a miracle.
  2. Ben started going with Thomas to his karate sparring class.  I guess Thomas showed him who's studio it was the first time they sparred each other.  I wouldn't always want to pit my kids against each other, but I do know Thomas tried a lot harder than he normally does.  Good to see he's got some fire in him.
  3. Thomas grew 4 inches in the past year.  No wonder he is always hungry. Glad to see all the apples and pears he consumes are being put to good use. Also, they both got to pee in a cup at the doctor's office, and they thought it was the neatest thing in the world.  It's so easy to entertain boys, don't you agree?

    How was your October?  Are you ready for the holidays?? 3 weeks from today is Thanksgiving, in case you were wondering....

    No comments: