Monday, December 19, 2011

This and that...Christmas Prep Edition

This: I want to remember - Friday night Thomas and I went to Target to do the kid's brother gifts for each other. We were walking out of the store and Thomas slipped his hand into mine and held it. It was such a great moment - he's teetering on the verge of Teenagedom, and I know enough to treasure them.

That: watched the Glee Christmas special and was so amazed. They read the scripture that you hear on Charlie Brown Christmas - Luke 2:11 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Two of the characters took back their iPods and earrings and donated the money to charity. We decided that we could take back a few of the presents we had bought as "filler presents." Kids these days have so much! It was awesome to recognize that bigger isn't necessarily better.

This: I'm trying hard to do some different things exercise-wise. I've started doing the workouts on bodyrock.tv. The hosts are a bit narcissistic and they do moves that I can only do in my dreams, but I feel really good doing them. Plus they are doing a 12 days of Christmas series, so every few days the release a new workout. Kind of fun to shake things up. And I swear I feel less out of breath during my runs, which makes me happy.

That: We spent Sunday putting up a tree at my dad's grave with my family. I loved seeing my sisters, brother-in-law, nieces and nephews. We had a lot of fun and it was so nice to spend some time doing something for my dad.


This: I also spent Sunday with our dear Grandma Margaret, who turned 90 today. She is so amazing and I love her a lot. I took a picture of her holding her newest great-granddaughter who is only 2 months old. The manager brought her a handful of Olive Garden mints at the end of dinner and told her happy birthday. Grandma's face lit up and she told him how much she loved eating there. It was a great moment.


That: Shane's other grandma made us over 40 crocheted snowflakes and bells to decorate our tree. I have them everywhere. They are so beautiful and I can't believe she would make something so beautiful for us. She even made us an angel to go on the top of our tree.

Do you have some this and thats that you want to remember about this year? I can't believe Christmas is only 6 days away.

No comments: