Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February love number 18

I don't think this will be a very long post. But I did want to say how much I've loved having a theme for the month of February. I don't know that what I've written in the last 17 posts have changed the world, but, since those are the things that make up my world, well, they have made me happy. If you look at my history, I haven't had a month where I've written 18 posts in years. Yay me.

I am really, really glad February is over. I am glad that my busy time at work is almost over. I am ready for spring and my bulbs to come up. Speaking of bulbs - one February Friday I planted about 20 bulbs in my front flower bed. I doubt there's ever been a year that I could A - stand to be outside long enough to plant bulbs; or B - been able to get in the ground with a shovel since the ground never froze. I am anxious to see them come up. My dear friend Shelly gave them to me last September as a little gift after my dad died. I think that the resultant flowers will remind me of both my dad and my friend. I'm also wanting to see the adorable miniature daffodils that came up last year. Last year they were new friends, this year they will be old ones.

Thanks to you for coming around and reading these posts. It was fun to see my stats go up, funny how that happens when I actually write something. It's actually just felt good to write, to have to think about how to say something that is in my head. I loved Britt's post about writing and how it relates to thinking. Brilliant. I love the process of putting words down.

Now I'm rambling. I hope I do a repeat next February. Maybe I'll even try to post more throughout this year. We'll see how that works out.

Happy leap-day! I'm out.

1 comment:

heidikins said...

I have really loved this series! Happy Leap Day!

xox