Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July Randomalities

I like July 4th. I have a very limited time that summer feels like summer. It starts feeling like summer around the end of May. Then the second weekend in June my family usually attends a parade in my hometown. Definitely feels like summer. I run Ragnar - summer. As June turns to July, I start to lose my hold on summer. But with my very fingertips, I hold on until the birthdays: our country's, mine, and my mom's. By the time July 24th rolls around, I'm done.

But today, it's still summer according to my reasoning. So, we did summer activities such as:

  • Ran 10k with my husband. I intended to be up and out of the house by 7:30 am - it actually happened about 8:20. It was hot, but we did it. I was sorta sad that there wasn't a July 4th 10k to sign up for, so I figured I should just run my own.

 (I know - I look so sweaty in this picture. What you can't see is that Shane's bandana is just aching to drip. The couple that sweats together....well, I don't know. But we like each other for whatever that is worth.)

  • On said run, I wore my most patriotic running outfit: blue 2010 Ragnar shirt, blue hat, and silver sparkle skirt. I was stylin'!

  • Watched Spider Man 2 on TV. What's more American than Spidey?
  • Went to a barbecue at my sister's with most of my family. It was really fun to see everyone. The kids swam in the pool and squirted the people sitting on the patio. Good times.  All of my pictures are on Shane's phone so they will have to wait.
  • Watched the fire on the mountain in Alpine. It makes me sad and sick that the mountains are burning. It makes me anxious. I've never known such a year.


Right now, at this very moment, I am listening to my environmentally conscious neighborhood lighting plenty of fireworks into the air. It's illegal where we live and the whole state is on fire. Go team!!

How was your 4th?

1 comment:

Amy Sorensen said...

After running on Thanksgiving last year I decided that a holidy run is a great thing! It just feels a little bit different somehow. Next year you should come down and do the Provo 10k with me!

It was so good to see you later in the afternoon. I'll drop my pictures in the folder later today.