Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Winter 2013: The music edition

Every few months I make up a new playlist on my iPod. The one that I made for January 2013 I've been listening to nonstop. Working, running, driving, cleaning toilets. A lot of the songs carry over from other time periods - I've got some Simon and Garfunkle that brings back some happy memories from the 1990s - but some songs will always remind me of this particular stretch of time. These are the songs that got me through.


I've never been a big Les Mis fan - Shane and I loved the Les Mis movie with Liam Neeson and Claire Daines but I've never really known the music. This is one of my faves.


I've been loving on Florence + the Machine. She has such amazing lyrics. She reminds me a lot of Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes was every bit as raw as anything Florence does. Her songs kind of creep up on me - I'll notice a new one every few months, despite the fact I've had both Lungs and Ceremonials for over a year. Shrug.


I love that this song is all about the inadequacies of language. It satisfies the english geek in me. (No intentional reference to my sister, ha ha.)



This song is a carry over from the fall. I love the line "I think I need a sunrise - I'm tired of the sunset." I love running to this song.


Likewise this song. Bono and his lyrics make me swoon.

What songs are getting you through?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Florence + the Machine when I work out! I will go to the library very soon and "borrow" music.
Love You!