Friday, April 4, 2014

Currently:

Eating: Cinnamon Pecan Special K cereal. The pecans, the pecans! So tasty.

Wearing: soggy running clothes. Ran 5 miles today so I can start getting ready for Bloomsday next month.

Shivering:  see above, key word "soggy."

Watching: Call the Midwife, season 3. My love for this shoe is huge. And thanks to the PBS app, I can watch it on my phone!

Excited for: Mad Men season 7, which starts next Sunday. I probably shouldn't like the show so much, but I do. I can't wait to see what happens this season. Shane read an interesting theory about Don becoming DB Cooper and starting a new life. I don't know that I want it to end this way, but it explains all the airplane references on the advertisements for season 7.

Drinking: water. I gave up soda for lent.

Reading: The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd, a book about photography, a book on Bikram Yoga.

Waiting for: The last book in the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series to come out next week. I am so glad I didn't find this series earlier - I hate waiting forever for the next installment. I might have to buy it though, I'm number 41 on the waiting list at the library, and they aren't really good at getting the new books out right as they are released. I am impatient to find out what happens!

Practicing: taking pictures. I am taking bridal and wedding photos for my brother-in-law and his fiance in July. I got a new lens (which was a necessity - my last one was broken) and I've been practicing. Thank heavens for the library - I found a great book on the basics of photography and I am learning so much. Now if I could learn how to make heads or tails of Photoshop, we will be in business.

Loving: the new wall hanging I got at Pier One last weekend. It only took me four years to hang something on my bedroom wall! (Well, other than a TV, ahem.) I made up two pictures from Italy of doors that I need to go pick up. I'm going to try and mount them on canvas and made them look like they are canvas. Wish me luck - the directions on Pinterest included the words "modge-podge" - I'm in trouble.

No comments: