Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Challenge!

We are too hard on ourselves.

I am too hard on myself.

You are too hard on yourself. (I say that with all the kindness in the world!)

I was finishing my run yesterday through a lovely tunnel of trees that made me want to weep happy grateful tears. I had every reason to have my old inner dialogue that discouraged myself, but I wasn't listening it. I was cheering myself on and having the best time.

Which made me Inspired.

Here is my challenge to you. It's about identifying our good and bad inner dialogue, and practicing recognizing/challenging it for 5 days.

1. Think of the place/space/time when you are kindest to yourself.
2. Think of what you say to yourself or what allows you to love yourself in that space. Write it down if you need to.
3. Think of the place when you are hardest on yourself. Or just pick one, if you are like me and have a multitude of them.
4. Think of the things you say to yourself in that space. Identify the range of feelings and thoughts.
5. The next time you realize you are in the space where you are hard on yourself, change your dialogue and say the kind things you say in your safe space to yourself. Accept the hard feelings, and encourage yourself in whatever way works best for you.

Practice this for 5 of 7 days. Recognize if it helps, or not. Be kind to yourself, even in this challenge.

I am so excited about this!

I'm going to link to this from my social media pages. Use #mykind5. Share it!

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter as @beckykump.




1 comment:

Feisty Harriet said...

This is genius! I can't wait to read about it! (Note: that means I am deliberately choosing to learn from you before trying this myself. Ahem.)

xox