Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Covid Summer List

Things we have done on the back patio

  1. Enjoyed lots of yummy beverages. I love me a Mike's Margarita with salt and crushed ice. I'll occasionally have a lime pilsner, Rogue Pinch of Salt, or Dog Fish Head Sea Quench Ale.
  2. Listened to music on our speaker cleverly disguised as a working lantern. I'll never be able to forget listening to Haley Reinhard and Pandora.
  3. Watching sunsets
  4. My birthday celebration/cake, where we spent 5 minutes lighting candles only to realize I wouldn't be blowing them out with my mouth. Cause, ya know, can't blow all over the cake, duh.
  5. Planned my wrist tattoo that I love so much.

  6. Naps on the patio couch. Have improved said couch with a colorful outside pillow
  7. Reading on patio couch. Most of the time trying to catch up on my dharma reading that would be due the same day. Even in my middle age I still procrastinate
  8. Enjoyed the planters full of petunias and grasses
  9. BBQed. We've started eating premade plant based burgers and they are delicious!
  10. Delightful conversations with our little family of 4, sometimes 3, and often 2.
  11. Gazed at Neowise the comet.

Places we have eaten
  1. Lucky's Iron Door. I still love my grilled cheese with the delicious mushrooms mmmmmm
  2. Village Baker (vegetarian with provolone on honey rye)
  3. Zao (Yakisoba noodle bowl with extra broccoli)
  4. Buffalo Wild Wings. I was anti BWW until they brought back their salads and now I'm in love again with the Santa Fe salad
  5. The Habit, but often only on Thursdays when I'm rushing to do my Dharma zoom meeting
  6. Cafe Rio (pork tostada)
  7. Bombay House - only when BWW didn't have their salads. Doesn't take much to convince me to want naan....
  8. Zupas a few times
  9. Mod Pizza (vegetarian create your own)

Recent Internet Purchases (oof)

  1. Shorts from Kuhl
  2. Tank tops from Kuhl
  3. Last few skirts from Skirtsports in my size
  4. Title Nine dress
  5. Pink cable dog leash
  6. Airpods
  7. Running shoes 
  8. Bathroom cleaner (thanks, Covid!)
  9. Toilet paper
  10. Dog food
  11. Nearly anything my husband knows we need since I rarely go to more than 2 grocery stores anymore

Things that have become more normal because of Covid but would be weird in Real Life

  1. Getting a warning email from our internet provider that says we've almost exceeded our internet amount for the month
  2. Making new friends with people who consistently bring out my take out (we know each other's names and I sometimes comb my hair for her. She told me she's pregnant and I'm planning to make her a blanket now)
  3. Frequent Marco Polos with Rebecca, Janna, and Cindy. The four of us hadn't been in contact since before I was married and now we talk constantly 
  4. Doing things via Zoom (dharma, therapy, work meetings, friend meet ups)
  5. feeling like a dozen toilet paper rolls in the house is "almost out" and breathing a sigh of relief
  6. Doing daily/weekly yoga via Peloton or Facebook Live

Things that frustrate me
  1. Trump and everything to do with him.
  2. Anti maskers
  3. Making masks that seem to turn out differently each time. I make one in one size and think I know what I'm doing and then I resize and it's totally a crap shoot on whether it works or not
  4. Working from home all the time
  5. The heat
  6. Not seeing my extended family

Books I've read
  1. Too Much and Never Enough
  2. Parable of the Sower
  3. Where the Crawdads Sing
  4. The Sister's Grimm
  5. The Light we Lost

Shows we've watched in Covid
  1. Finished Lost (back in March)
  2. We watched all of the Marvel Universe movies. See below for details for never seen by me all the way through vs seen
  3. Modern Family
  4. Running Wild with Bear Grylls

Marvel shows I had never seen all the way through prior to Covid
  1. Iron Man 1-3 
  2. Thor (any iteration)
  3. Captain America movies except Winter Soldier which I saw but didn't understand
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 (still haven't finished 2)
  5. Doctor Strange (probably my favorite)
  6. Avengers 1 and 2
  7. Spiderman 1

Marvel shows I had seen but mostly didn't understand prior to Covid
  1. Avengers Infinity War
  2. Avengers End Game
  3. Captain America Winter Soldier
  4. Captain Marvel (I did understand this one)
  5. Spiderman 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all of this. I love you. And I love the other two.