Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Third Quarter Covid 19

It's the 9th month of Covid 19. Seems like it's time to make a few lists!


World Events

  1. JOE BIDEN defeated Trump. A few times, actually. There have been a few recounts in a few states that just keep yielding more votes for Biden. Can't wait for Trump to leave in 50 days. 
  2. I wore every bracelet I own for good energy for Biden on election day. We spent election night at soccer practice, watching the returns for Trump looking like he would do it again. We left soccer and drove home in silence, the weight of the idea of 4 more years under the inanity nearly overwhelming me. We got home and the TV returns were more promising. I watched the states all turn towards Biden as the week went on - Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania. The red mirage faded! Then Saturday morning that the Pennsylvania lead got statistically unbeatable - they called it for Biden as we watched MSNBC. It was a wonderful, joyous moment! 


  3. The US elected a woman for Vice President.
  4. We also continue to have no strategy for the Covid pandemic, no assistance from the government to feed or help house those who have lost their income because of Covid, nor a plan to keep us all safe until the vaccines come later this month.
  5. There are 2 vaccines that will arrive this month.

Halloween and Thanksgiving recap

  1. Other than decorating for Halloween, there wasn't any celebration of it this year.
  2. We spent the late afternoon/early evening at soccer practice (we were preparing to go to Las Vegas for a tournament that eventually got cancelled). We didn't have any trick or treaters, which was sad. We spent the evening watching TV.
  3. The day after Halloween we put up our trees. They got decorated a week later. The decor was a bit schizophrenic until after Thanksgiving when all the decorations changed from Halloween/Harvest/Christmas to all Christmas.
  4. I've decorated 4 trees. I keep buying mini ones at Target, along with ornaments that make me feel joyous. There's a tiny one I put upstairs with mom's fairy decorations and some cute stuffed animal ones I got at Target.

  5. Thanksgiving was quiet. Vonnay visited for a few minutes on Wednesday. I made rolls and 3 pies (lemon meringue, pecan, and pumpkin) on Thanksgiving Eve



  6. I messaged with a few friends in the morning. I was feeling a bit sorry for myself and then our wonderful next door neighbors brought over a little pumpkin cake and a center piece. Their generosity pulled me out of my gloom and I had a great day!
  7. Shane and I ran a 5k around the neighborhood/Lodestone Park
  8. We ate around 4:30. Thomas claimed the rolls were like candy. We all tried the yams. I tried the fruit salad. Boys refused to eat the beans. I enjoyed Vonnay's cranberry relish.
  9. We ate pie around 8, still so stuffed we could hardly stand it
  10. Reminisced a bit about last year, when we ate together at the buffet in Las Vegas. That was a treasured memory, funny as that sounds. I was glad to not do the drive, but I wanted to travel again this year, especially with how weird everything is with my family

Therapy updates (these are mostly vague intentionally)

  1. Had some eye opening appointments, one about bullies in my life. 
  2. I'm trying to find the grey spaces in my life. Some of the characters in the black are ones that I want to move to the grey space, where I can take what they do less personally and just wish them well
  3. I did the thing I never thought I would. It was as ugly as I worried it would be. Still figuring out what to do in the aftermath, but it's a relief in almost all the ways, but weighs on me/fucks with my head a lot still.
  4. Had the appointment about the salt, and the cliff that can't hurt me with its shadow. Salt has savor and in small doses makes life sweeter
  5. I'm trying to remember to walk in line with my people in the rich dark vibrant tropical landscape with the volcano in the distance

Books I've been reading/listening to

  1. Magic Lessons - Alice Hoffman - Loved it so much
  2. 19th Wife - was ok. It was fun to read with Cindy and Rebecca
  3. Harry Potter #1
  4. Disloyal
  5. Melania and Me
  6. Caste
  7. Cassandra Speaks

Things we've done in pandemic quarter 3


  1. 2 Trips to Desolation trail to snow hike with all of us and the dog. I love these little hikes, even though there hasn't been much snow.
  2. Dinner with Eugenia and Fred
  3. Soccer practices at Real Academy
  4. State cup tournament in North Salt Lake - Ben had some great goals
  5. Library opened for in-person visits
  6. Fabric store visits were mostly for Halloween fabric. I finished the mini quilts for Janna, Cindy, Rebecca, and Camie. I got most of the Halloween panel quilt put together. A few masks. Want to make some tree skirts for the mini trees. 
  7. Thomas grew a beard for No Shave November, and finished his Math 1050 class!

  8. Ben started making chicken during his almost-all-of-November online school experience.
  9. I got my laptop and 2nd screen for WFH. So much more efficient! 
  10. Spent a day in the office - so strange to be there. I left my little acorn tops from 2019 for the end of the pandemic/return to work.
  11. Got to order Skirt Sports stuff again! 
  12. Bucket got her cyst cut off. She looks so much better!


Places we've been eating

  1. Zao (one will open soon in Jordan Landing)
  2. Noodles and Company
  3. Rumbi (on Thursday nights with Ben driving)
  4. JCWs in Herriman - I'm a sucker for their turkey avocado
  5. Costa Vida - the delicious chili verde returned in October/November
  6. Buffalo Wild Wings a few times
  7. Jersey Mikes

Workout stuff


  1. Need to do more Yoga
  2. Speed/intervals on Sundays on the big treadmills are my favorite, followed by a cooldown 10 minute run and some strength by the mirrors
  3. Ran a few times on Grizzly Way in the leaves.
  4. Remembered how much I love watching Willow get a bite of snow when it's snowy and we are running together
  5. Am really enjoying the Peloton app. it's been my companion since almost day 1 of the pandemic


No comments: