Wednesday, August 22, 2007

How can he be 6?

Today is Thomas’ sixth birthday! He has grown up in so many ways over this past year. This birthday is a lot more emotional for me for some reason. I keep thinking about how much time has passed since they first him in my arms as a baby. I just love him so much!

So to celebrate his birthday, I asked him last night what he would like to eat. He promptly answered, “Hamburger Helper.” Ooookay, that took me by surprise, but it's his day, so whatever. I made a cake last night while Shane wrapped his present (he is far better at wrapping & far more willing, so I let him without any regrets!). We ate the aforementioned Hamburger Helper (three cheese, if you really want to know!) with some broccoli, and finished it off with chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I even remembered to get candle with a number 6 on it, because he had specifically asked for one.
What a fun little birthday night, with him and Ben playing with his present, a CARS racetrack, where Doc & Lightning McQueen race around a figure 8 race track. They had a ball! I can’t bring myself to do a kid birthday party this year, so we’ll do the Grandma & Grandpa birthday barbeque on Sunday, and that will have to be enough.

What a great kid! I am so glad that he allowed me to be his mom. Happy Birthday, Thomas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUH me...I meant all day to call and wish him a happy birthday. I'm sorry! It sounds like it was fun, and I hear you on the kid party. The Official Rule in our house is that there's one every other year, not every year. The kids have all gotten used to this so there's no complaining on the off years.

Melanie said...

Happy birthday, Thomas! He looks so old in that picture. Sorry we didn't call either. Sounds like you had a peaceful birthday night.