Monday, June 23, 2008

Letter to Dessert Lover

Dear Apple-Pie Dessert Lover,

I don't think we have ever met. My work associates and I were at the same restaurant as you this afternoon. I probably never even saw your face, nor you mine. This is probably a good thing.

I need to explain the finger-shaped dimple mark that you may or may not have noticed in your whipped cream. You see, all through lunch my friends and I had noticed how the dessert tray samplers' whipped topping did not melt under the hot lights. We had concluded that the dessert tray samplers were just yummy looking fakes.

So, when I innocently stabbed YOUR whipped topping, placed at a separate location within the restaurant, I had assumed that my finger would merely bounce off the shellacked hard surface of pretend dessert. You can imagine my surprise and horror when my finger came away from the surface with remnants of real whipped cream.

I sincerely hope that a- you were given another finger-dimple free dessert by the restaurant, or b- you ate your dessert without the knowledge of my error in judgement. Had I guessed I was dealing with a real dessert, my finger wouldn't have pierced its white and foamy depths. I'm about 99% sure of this.

I assure you it is my first dessert-related finger-dimple. It won't happen again.

Yours,

Becky

PS - Had it been me, I would have gone for the chocolate cake, but that's just me.

xoxo

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Becky, I am SHOCKED! Some poor soul got your finger in their whipped cream?! Just kidding, hilarious post!

Amy Sorensen said...

OK...totally needed that giggle tonight! I wish I had been there to see your face! Oh, and I agree: restaurant apple pie is yucky 99% of the time. They cook the apples too much!

Ginger said...

Poor soul! Too funny. So did you lick your finger?

Anonymous said...

Ginger, no I didn't. I had to walk to the elevator, ride it down 9 floors (we were at the JSMB) and then walk into one of the first floor cafe's to get a napkin. And my work friends all saw me do it so they were making fun of me the whole time. Yay, me!

Lucy said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a great story and so entertainingly told. You should have licked your finger. No harm done now!