Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gave in.

I broke my running streak of no Dr. Pepper yesterday.  I made it 1 year, 1 month and 15 days.  I wasn't having a terrible day, but I was fed up with phone calls and paperwork.  I finished up signing some papers and I had exactly 15 minutes to kill before I picked up Ben from preschool. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with those 15 minutes.  I wanted to walk into the gas station and fill up a tall cup with my favorite brown liquid.

Ah, refreshment.  I liked it, but I don't think it will be a problem to keep it out of my daily consumption.  Truthfully, the Sobe Yumberry Pomegranate hits the spot a lot better.  But some days, you just have to give in and do something rebellious.  I guess a 44-ounce Dr. Pepper is as rebellious as I can be in my current life.

Although, I did surpise Shane by calling him and saying, "Hey, I'm at the liquor store. Want anything?"  I was halfway teasing.  I went there because they have great boxes, and I currently have a need for some.  All those bottles of vodka and rum are heavy, so the boxes are great for moving.  I can't wait to see the neighbors when we start moving our house in a bunch of boxes covered in Jack Daniels and Bacadi ads.

1 comment:

Apryl said...

My friend's husband is a liquor distributor. Their children are constantly decked out in Capn' Morgan/Jack Daniels/Corona gear. I think you guys would get along. :)