Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Me and 50 Cent.

Or "Fitty" as I like to call him.  There are a few things that are different about me and this beloved rapper:*

  • He grew up in a suburb of New York (Queens), I grew up in a suburb of Provo (Springville).  But I once was near Queens when I visited New York.  Maybe I saw him....
  • He was a boxer, I was a gymnast.  But at least we were both doing something to combat childhood obesity, right?
  • He competed in the Junior Olympics, I watched the summer Olympics. 
  • We both went to 10th grade.  But I didn't get caught taking drugs and guns into my high school.  I wonder what those crazy Devils would have found had my school had metal detectors...
  • He went to boot camp, I had friends who wore combat boots.  Not really the same.
  • He gets paid to talk about Reebok, I pay to wear Nike's.
  • He gets paid to sing; I could get paid not to sing.

So, what could this high-profile troublemaker and I have in common?

  • We've both had to relearn how to walk: him because he was shot in the face 9 times, me because I was clumsy and broke my foot.  He had a walker, I used crutches
  • Tattoos.  For a short time this summer, we both had a tattoo on our right bicep.  His is a marquise (but is permanent), mine was a Ragnar symbol (temporary).
  • We both have sons.  Well, I have two and he has one.  But still, we've raised little men.
  • Neither one of us like Sean "P Diddy" Combs.
  • He would have voted for President Bush, and I'm pretty sure I did vote for President Bush.  Man, the political discussions we would have would be awesome.

Most importantly: We are exactly the same age.  Today is our birthday.  And while I doubt he likes to do any of the things I like, we will always share this day, July 6th. 

Happy birthday, 50 Cent!  I hope you don't get arrested. Or shot.  Maybe you should just stay home with your kid and eat some cake, okay?


*Source: Wikipedia - 50 Cent.

3 comments:

Heather said...

You are too funny! Happy Birthday, I hope you have a better day today.

Apryl said...

HAAAAAAAPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!!! I hope your day is full of fun surprises (not 9 gunshots to the face. GOOD surprises) time to read, and all the adoration you deserve. xoxoxo

Melanie said...

That was hilarious! You, my friend, are funny, and don't look a day over 25. :)

Hope your birthday was super fun! Love you!